Grenadine, that sweet cherry syrup that is actually supposed to be Pomegranate but nobody knows that. Don’t feel bad, I didn’t know that till yesterday either, so I decided to make my own to see what real Grenadine is all about. I scoured for recipes, but couldn’t really find one that had the right proportions that I thought would taste good, so I concocted my own, and it tastes lovely.
- Measuring Cup (Liquid)
- Measuring Cup (Solid)
- 2 cups 100% Pomegranate Juice (You can juice your own)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Mix Juice and Sugar into the pot
- Place on medium heat and occasionally stir until sugar dissolves
- Boil until viscous
- Let cool to room temperature
- Chill until cold
- Enjoy your homemade Grenadine!